Ultimate power with unprecedented accuracy
The 750 kV X-ray source with micron level spot size enables non-destructive inspection or measurement of large or dense objects such as engine castings, turbine blades, large composite parts with unprecedented resolution. It is the only 750 kV microfocus source on the market providing superior resolution and accuracy compared to traditional minifocus sources.
- Unique high speed rotating transmission target allows the source to be operated at maximum power with a fine spot size
- Micro-focus spot size of 30 to 190 µm depending on the power, at least 10 times smaller than corresponding minifocus sources
- Open-tube design with user-replaceable filaments provides virtually unlimited lifetime with a low maintenance cost
- Typical material penetration values are 160mm for aluminum and 60mm for steel
25 years of expertise
Nikon Metrology X-ray sources are at the heart of their X-ray and CT technology and have been designed and manufactured in-house. The 25 years of expertise allows Nikon Metrology to develop innovative solutions to the market and application demand.
NDT inspection of high density parts
The 750kV source targets NDT inspection and CT metrology of:
- small and large turbine blades
- precision high density components used in high-temperature and/or high-pressure applications (e.g. turbo chargers, compressors, etc.)
- automotive aluminum castings
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) components such as helicopter or jet engine fan blades