Senior Software Engineer
JOB TITLE: Sr. Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Software Development Manager
CO: NMI (Manassas, VA)
Nikon Metrology develops a wide range of software and measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries. The primary responsibility of this position as part of the Advanced Development Engineering Team in Manassas is the development of algorithms to improve the automation of the laser radar. Specifically, algorithms that are designed to automatically extract features from laser radar data. These algorithms will be deployed to customers and must be productive and robust in design
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Demonstrable ability to develop algorithms using 3D point cloud data
- You will be part of an self-organizing agile team of testers and developers
- Together with the team, you will determine the priorities on a daily basis, and not wait for instructions
- You will deliver projects on time and within scope and budget
- Your code will be well-designed, well-documented and maintainable
- You will maintain and further develop the skills you need as a software engineering professional in this specific domain
- You will strengthen the team with your enthusiasm, with open communication and by sharing knowledge
- You will be working in an international team, with offices in Japan, Belgium, and the UK.
- Together with the core team of software architects, you will develop an evolutionary strategy to integrate several legacy code bases into one application. You will be making tradeoffs between adding features and refactoring
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in application software development in C++ on Windows using Visual Studio 2005 and higher.
- Strong experience in scripting languages, such as MATLAB for prototyping, testing and validation 3D data.
- Experience with Java or C# is a plus
- Experience with embedded systems programing is a plus
- Extensive experience in object oriented software design and development
- Strong debugging skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and cross-group collaboration skills in English
- An ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Knowledge of MFC, COM, UML, Xtreme Toolkit and HOOPS is an asset
- Knowledge of computational geometry is a plus (OpenGL and 3D graphics programming experiences)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- B.S. Degree or better in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree preferred.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or thereinafter referred collectively as “protected veterans”.