Sales Applications Engineer X-RAY/CT
JOB TITLE: Sales Applications Engineer X-RAY/CT
Work Location: Brighton, Michigan
Division/Department: Sales X-ray
Directly reports to: VP of Strategic marketing and Business Development X-Ray Products
CO: NMI COST CENTER: sales
To provide quality demonstrations, benchmarking and technical support for X-Ray/CT hardware and software products at an NMI office or at a customer’s facility throughout North and South America.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Professionally Represent Nikon at all Times.
• Provide high quality demonstrations of the various X-Ray/CT software packages and products (onsite and in-house).
• Define technical application requirements and translate customer requirements into internal specification documents and communications.
• Benchmark customer applications; create part programs and/or inspect parts for customers.
• Assist in technically closing sales opportunities through final presented solution.
• Assist in trade show preparation, demonstration and support.
• Provide dealer support training.
• Prepare and make presentations to customers using Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Assist Sales Managers in technical areas, presentations to customers, and systems recommendations.
• Assist in determining bid strategy.
• Participate in product/process evaluations and market introduction of new products.
• Provide customer training and after sales support as directed.
• Provide support for X-Ray Contract Inspection Services
• Assist in distributing pertinent technical information to all sales personnel
• Demonstration equipment and demonstration center(s) upkeep
• Recommend design improvements to enhance product performance and ease-of-use
• Log/track customer communications in CRM
• Log/track demonstrations and projects
• Test/Log software bugs on new and current releases
• Degree or Masters Level in science, engineering or medical area or 5 years relevant industrial experience.
• Experience with Industrial 2D radiography and/or 3D Computed Tomography hardware.
• Experience with voxel processing software such as Volume Graphics Studio or Avizo
• Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision, and exercise initiative to resolve potential and actual problems within specific time constraints.
• Good personal time management skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to plan, control and take responsibility for own work and related decisions.
• Proven history of communication skills, both verbal & written, coupled with training and presentation skills
• Knowledge of 3D CAD/CAM software
• Experience with metrology/measurement products such as Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM), Laser Scanners, Laser Trackers, Interferometers
• Knowledge of GD&T(ASME Y14.5-2009), blueprint interpretation, ISO, ANSI, SPC and ASNT standards
• Understands Surface Mounted Technology Production Processes
• Knowledgeable in Video/Digital production
• Experience with C# programming
• Fluency in Spanish, French, Japanese or Portuguese is a plus
• Must be able to travel 30-50% domestic and international
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or therein-after referred collectively as “protected veterans”.