JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Hardware Development Manager
CO: NMI (Manassas, VA) COST CENTER:
As part of the Advanced Development Engineering Team in Manassas the primary responsibility for this position is to develop advanced real-time signal processing applications for the Laser Radar. Additional development tasks accomplished by the engineering hardware development team include the design of logic using CPLD and FPGA devices, the development of printed circuit boards, interfacing the hardware to QNX embedded computers, development of advanced motion control, creation of schematics, PCB designs, and BOMs.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
With minimal supervision
- Design and testing of advanced DSP algorithms using TI DSP chips and development tools
- Development of control and testing algorithms using C++ and the QNX6 design tools and development environment
- Design, testing, of printed circuit boards (PCB’s) including programming of CPLD/FPGAs
- Design, fabrication and integration of electrical and electronic hardware including power supplies, cabling, production test equipment and other circuit board applications
Support all areas of production including troubleshooting and development of testing regimes.
- Experience with TI DSP Chips
- Experience with QNX or real time Linux and the C++ language
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with oscilloscopes and other instrumentation normally found in electronics testing
- Experience with testing, repair and maintenance of printed circuit boards (PCB’s)
- Experience in hardware descriptive languages like VHDL/Verilog for Altera and Xilinx CPLD/FPGAsAbility to read and create schematics
- Ability to create test procedures
- Ability to solder
- Good writing and verbal skills in English
- A good team player
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Bachelor’s Degree and equivalent experience
- Experience with Metrology equipment is a plus
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard toage, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or thereinafter referred collectively as “protected veterans”.
If interested in applying for this position, please send a completed Application for Employment, Resume and Self Identification forms to Human Resources.