CT Process Technician
Job title: CT Process Technician
Function level: Will be determined at a later date
Work location: Brighton MI
Directly reports to: VP – X-Ray/CT Products
Company: NMI Cost center: Sales
- JOB PURPOSE:
Provide direct support to VP – X-Ray/CT Products to evaluate incoming part for suitability of scanning, required scan parameters and timing for costing.
- KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Apply knowledge of how X-Rays (high energy photons) interact with matter and detectors to determine X-Ray powers and exposure times needed to CT scan objects correctly.
- Apply knowledge of physical processes used to generate X-Rays to select source type, voltage and current and filtering strategy.
- Calculate positioning of X-Ray source type relative to part and detector for CT scanning.
- Apply knowledge of detector characteristics to determine correct detector type (panel or curved linear diode array), scintillator and shielding window to gain maximum contrast.
- Determine appropriate CT scanning methodology based on quality of result vs speed of acquisition (cone beam, helical, offset, panel scan, scatter reduction, linear slice).
- Use knowledge of CT process and reconstruction software to optimize scan data quality through minimization of beam hardening, streak and ring artefacts.
- Evaluate incoming parts and assemblies as to which X-Ray technique is best suited to the part structure, density and size.
- CT Scan parts for dimensional verification to CAD nominal data.
- CT Scan assemblies for quality verification.
- Use Volume Graphics software to analyze and visualize industrial CT data, perform geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), porosity analysis, composite fiber analysis and other engineering requests.
- Prepare and make presentations to Engineers and associated technical personnel using Microsoft PowerPoint and Volume Graphics.
- Collaborate with Design, Manufacturing and Tooling Engineers to demonstrate areas of concern, issues of quality, and manufacturing defects.
- Provide training and technical support to Design, Tooling and Manufacturing Engineers and associated technical personnel in the use of CT viewer software for scan data
- Ancillary responsibilities:
- Assist in distributing pertinent technical information to Engineering and associated technical personnel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good personal time management skills
- Maintain CT scan equipment and software in good working order
- Recommend design improvements to enhance product performance and ease-of-use
- Log/track scanned parts and results in engineering management systems
- Test/Log bugs within CT scanning acquisition and reconstruction software
- Degree in Physics and/or 3 years relevant industrial experience.
- Experience with Industrial 2D radiography and/or 3D Computed Tomography hardware.
- Experience with voxel processing software such as Volume Graphics Studio or Avizo
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of 3D CAD/CAM software
- Knowledge of GD&T(ASME Y14.5-2009), blueprint interpretation, ISO, ANSI, SPC and ASNT standards
- Surface Mounted Technology Production Processes
- Fluency in Spanish, French, Japanese or Portuguese is a plus
- Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
Seek new knowledge:
- Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
- Harmonize diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with other
- Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
- Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Up to 30%-50% domestic overnight travel
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or thereinafter referred collectively as “protected veterans.
If interested in applying for this position, please send a completed Application for Employment, resume and Self Identification forms to LaChonia Johnson in Human Resources at email@example.com, thank you.