Applications and Service Engineer X-Ray
Job title: Applications and Service Engineer XRay Products
Function level: Will be determined at a later date
Work location: Brighton MI
Directly reports to: XRay and Portable Metrology Service & Quality Director
Company: NMI Cost center: Engineering
1. JOB PURPOSE:
Technical Field Service for the Installation, Repair, Upgrade, and Technical Support of Nikon Metrology X-ray line of products. Travel throughout North America and possible limited travel to Central and South America.
2. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Field Service and Installation
• Provide On-site and In-house Technical Product Service (Installation, Preventive Maintenance, Repairs, Upgrades, Calibrations, etc.) for Nikon Metrology X-ray product line.
• Support of equipment at customer location or via telephone/ e-mail.
• Troubleshoot system failures/errors and perform necessary corrective actions.
• Responsible for the return of parts and tools from site upon completion of work.
• Maintain assigned service equipment and tools.
• Represent Nikon in a professional manner at customer sites.
• Provide extended support to Nikon Dealers, Sales Personal and fellow Field Service Engineers.
• Utilizes an effective follow-up system to support repeat service business.
• Assist sales with set-up and teardown of equipment for trade shows.
• Support the technical sales of new products or services.
• Prepare service quotations as requested.
• Promote service contracts and other service offerings to customers.
• Perform product training as necessary.
• Accurately complete and submit Service Reports, Timesheets, and travel expenses on a weekly basis.
• Maintain service records in CRM.
• Assist other NMI personal or departments as required or requested.
• Communicate with customers and the office regarding arrival times and unexpected changes thereof.
• Min. 2 Year Technical Degree or Equivalent Technical Experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related service field.
• Ability to effectively perform job duties under pressure while maintaining quality and professionalism at all times.
• Proven electrical and mechanical skills in x-ray service or a related field.
• Ability to integrate and troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
• Basic MS Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Ability to use tools of the trade such as Multimeter, Oscilloscope, soldering iron, basic hand tools, etc.
• Ability to read and understand schematics and drawings.
• Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
Seek new knowledge:
• Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
• Harmonize diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with other
• Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
• Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to lift 90 pounds
Able to access tight spaces as required such as inside the cabinet.
80%+ travel, domestic and limited international
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or thereinafter referred collectively as “protected veterans.
If interested in applying for this position, please send a completed Application for Employment, resume and Self Identification forms to LaChonia Johnson in Human Resources at email@example.com, thank you.