Applications Engineer 3D Products
Job title: Applications Engineer 3D Products
Function level: Will be determined at a later date
Work location: Brighton
Directly reports to: Applications Engineering Director
Company: NMI Cost center:
1. JOB PURPOSE :
The Applications Engineer plays a key role in the successful implementation and customer adaptation of the various 3D software and hardware products offered by Nikon. The engineer will be utilizing his expert knowledge of these products in all industries, including automotive, aerospace, agriculture, medical, etc. to ensure a successful integration, through final buy-off and continuing customer support.
2. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Provide high quality in-depth technical training for customers and distributors on the proper use of the various 3D metrology software packages (onsite and in-house)
Provide direct and indirect support for customers and internal personnel on the software and best metrology practices to ensure accurate and repeatable results from equipment.
Create programs using good metrology practices for the inspection of parts and/or inspect parts for customers.
Consult with customers on specific applications, understanding the fit and function of the part and provide recommendations / solutions for a measurement strategy.
Log/track customer communications in CRM
Enter bugs / enhancements into Jira to ensure proper tracking
Assist with quoting/selling software support contracts, training and programming
Create and/or update the software training manuals.
3. ANCILLARY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Dealer Support / Training
• Assist in distributing pertinent technical information to all engineers
• Equipment maintenance and upkeep
• Trade Show Support
• All other duties, as needed or required.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or related field) or equivalent technical experience
• Good overall understanding of the ASME Y14.5 standard
• Strong Metrology background with knowledge of various hardware and software products needed.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Good communication skills both verbally and written in English (additional languages are a benefit)
• Strong technical interest combined with common business sense
• Hands-on person showing systematic approach to handle complex problems
• Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
Seek new knowledge:
• Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
• Harmonize diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with other
• Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
• Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
None at this moment
No budget responsibility
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to travel up to 75% of the time for work.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or thereinafter referred collectively as “protected veterans”.